Thank you for the clarification. This would appear to introduce a new
requirement for clients verifying SCTs from CT2: a get-proof-by-hash call
to the log server (or a mirror) is now required to know if a SCT from
before May 2 is valid. Do CT-enforcing clients do this in practice today?
(I suspect the answer is "no" but don't know off the top of my head)

Alex