Gervase Markham wrote:

> IE will also have a similar problem, but only if it has never
> encountered a correctly-configured web server (i.e. it caches
> intermediate certs). So IE in new installs of Windows will also have the
> problem.

This is not correct! IE fetches the intermediate CA if it finds a CA
issuer extension within the subscriber certificate, which isn't really
by any RFC, but nevertheless very useful! Many server installations are
missing the intermediate CA files and IE gets around this problem in
this way...Something to consider for Mozilla Firefox?

At our CA, we have a robot checking for missing ICA certificates....and
send an appropriate message to the subscriber...

--
Regards

Signer:      Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Jabber:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]