David E. Ross wrote:

> Remember,  ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information
> Interchange.  Unless the X.509 specifications require it, we should
> avoid ethnocenterism.

I understand what you mean here, but X.509 is a technical standard, in
this case about how to print something in the certificate. X.509 and not
about policies and its eventual implications. We could use "Latin"
instead of ASCII if this should be the concern.
> If a root certificate is used to issue site certificates that will
> generally be used for Turkish language Web sites, I don't understand why
> the contents of the root certificate can't also be in Turkish.
Let me raise a point here...this isn't about "maybe", "might" and
"generally"....but about what should be done policy wise. The
assumptions by anyone here about who, when and how uses a certificate
issued by whomever is out of place....otherwise why verify anything at
all? Or does this subject line say anything to you?

C=ישראל/ST=דרום/L=אילת/O=סטארטקום בע"מ/CN=ניק אדי

Signer:         Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
Jabber:         [EMAIL PROTECTED] <xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Blog:   Join the Revolution! <http://blog.startcom.org>
Phone:          +1.213.341.0390