Hi Nelson,

Nelson Bolyard wrote:
> Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote, On 2008-02-18 08:09:
>
>> Does anybody know if and which parameters might be obtained by the
>> window.crypto functions and smart cards? For reference see this page:
>> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/JavaScript_crypto#Handling_Smart_Card_Events
>>
>> Specifically I'd like to know if there is a function to check if a smart
>> card was already inserted before accessing a certain page. Is it
>> possible to obtain a smart card ID or other properties of the smart card
>> device (as loaded by NSS)?
>>

> Using NSS's c-language API, it is possible to get a wealth of information
> about the module, slot and tokens present.
Yes, I know....
>   But I'm guessing that you're
> asking about JavaScript capabilities.  Am I right?
Exactly. It's interesting that we have an option to detect inserting and
removal of a smart card, but not if the card is inserted in first place.
Or the names of available security devices...but maybe it exists and
simply isn't documented?

Signer:         Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
Jabber:         [EMAIL PROTECTED] <xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Blog:   Join the Revolution! <http://blog.startcom.org>
Phone:          +1.213.341.0390