Eddy,
I think that you can do it. Have you looked into nsIPK11Token interface
(http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla1.8.0/source/security/manager/ssl/public/nsIPK11Token.idl)

?
The nsIPK11Token interface would allow you to filter  tokens based on a
number of attributes and
eventually you can determine the desired token is present.
--
Subrata