Robert Relyea wrote:
> Jean-Marc Desperrier wrote:
>> Robert Relyea wrote:
>>> I'm currently running my Firefox and TB against the sqlite3 database.
>>> The main impediment to general deployment is Bug 391296.
>>>
>>> New NSS applications would not have to worry about the issues in Bug
>>> 391296.
>>
>> I really think than simply supporting mode 2 (see
>> http://wiki.mozilla.org/NSS_Shared_DB#Database_Upgrade) and not
>> solving bug 391296 is sufficient for Firefox.

> Quite correct. The purpose of Bug 391296 is support mode 3. Firefox and
> thunderbird are the poster children for mode 3.

The use case I was describing below was the one I saw for someone using
certs in both Firefox and Thunderbird.

If the need to share cert already existed before the technical
possibility, the user had to do it by hand, and will not be under shock
to have to do it so at the migration time.
If the need was not there before, then there will be no certificate to
share *at* the migration time.

But actually, what I'm most interested in would be a confirmed list of
what blocks activating the use of shared database for Fx 3, and if bug
391296 is in it, so be it.