2008/4/27 Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>  In respect of that, I'd suggest a dedicated system (server) which would
> have strict access controls in every respect (including the management
> utility). I could offer to build and host such a system at a well secured
> locality for a domain like https://ca.mozilla.com/ or alternatively to have
> that system at Mozilla (but dedicated server). Obviously I have lots of
> knowledge in this field and I'm ready to offer this utility from A-Z (except
> the physical server if hosted at Mozilla). However I wouldn't accept a
> virtually hosted system (aka vmware) which Mozilla does often.

Why would you not accept a virtually-hosted system?  The benefits of
virtual machines (including "if the hardware goes down, the VM can be
brought up again with a minimum of fuss") are many and varied,
especially for an organization like Mozilla -- while the risks of
having a physical machine in the datacenter behind the firewall, not
under the same administrative control or jurisdiction are very high.

I am curious what your rationale is.

-Kyle H