Another consideration I want to through into this discussion is to have a potential change to the Mozilla CA policy concerning yearly re-auditing requirement. Re-auditing on a yearly or by-yearly basis has been brought up a few times at various occasions. One of the arguments against this requirement was the almost impossible task to follow through with it, a burden almost impossible to manage by the existing team and capabilities.

Since EV already has such a requirement and other browser vendors requires it too (MS, Opera), it might be not unreasonable to make it a requirement of Mozilla as well. The tool I offered and suggested would make it possible to govern such a requirement with a minimal effort. I think this thought to be worth for consideration (both the tool and the re-auditing requirement). Suggestions?

Signer:         Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
Jabber:         [EMAIL PROTECTED] <xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Blog:   Join the Revolution! <http://blog.startcom.org>
Phone:          +1.213.341.0390