Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.):
If you know something we don't, it would be really
useful to the whole Internet community to hear more.

I will look for it somewhat more...it can't have disappeared like that...

The only thing I found so far (and which isn't the one I was referring to) is http://www.ercim.org/publication/Ercim_News/enw42/girard.html which must have been known to you at the time of writing the RFC.

It's nevertheless interesting, considering that they used some 10,000 PCs and today's botnets comprise usually of many, many more compromised computers (some sources say up to a million). Also in that article there is the reference to "crack a public-key system like RSA of at least 600 bits".

Regards
Signer:         Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
Jabber:         [EMAIL PROTECTED] <xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Blog:   Join the Revolution! <http://blog.startcom.org>
Phone:  +1.213.341.0390