Frank Hecker:
Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:
That's nice, but how can *I* also know about it? Would it be possible to
confirm it at the bug (that only EV certificates will be issued from
that root ) and remove the OV attribute from
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/certs/pending/#Entrust ?

My apologies, I didn't exactly get what you were asking. Yes, I'll make
a note about this in the bug and in the pending list, and get confirmation.
I peaked already at the bug and continue to respond to the inclusion request as it seems to be clear that non-EV certificates may be issued from this root and the governing CP/CPS is http://www.entrust.net/CPS/pdf/webcps051404.pdf

Therefore I'd like to request clarification and verification about how domains are validated by the RAs, since the CPS isn't clear in that respect. Please note that Gerv in the original inclusion request perhaps missed that point and I must have been asleep as well or just started to regularly review inclusions back then.

Refence is 3.1.8 from the CPS:

Registration Authorities operating under the Entrust SSL Web Server Certification Authorities shall determine whether the organizational identity, address, and domain name provided with an Entrust SSL Web Server Certificate Application are consistent with information contained in third-party databases
and/or governmental sources.

Regards
Signer:         Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
Jabber:         [EMAIL PROTECTED] <xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Blog:   Join the Revolution! <http://blog.startcom.org>
Phone:  +1.213.341.0390