Eddy Nigg wrote:

Now I'm interested in getting rid of self-signed certificates if possible. They undermine "legitimate" certificates and put the majority of users under an unneeded risk. That's one of my goals today!

Well, all the arguments have been heard on this already, and positions are fairly entrenched. It seems futile to have the debate over and over, and I for one would like to point out that it is uncomfortable to treat it like a political campaign.

Perhaps a vote?

It seems that Eddy and Nelson are in the anti-self-signed-certs camp, and I would join Kyle in the pro-self-signed-certs camp.

Do others have strong-enough feelings? I'm searching for a way here to show one side or the other which way the wind is blowing.

iang