Eddy Nigg wrote re S-TRUST issuing new root certificates annually:
This is unfortunate and seems to me problematic. I'd suggest that they create a root from which they'd issue those as intermediate. I'm almost certain that other vendors will not include them for the same reason (so it's not an argument in itself, it just shows the limits of reason for inclusion - some vendors do have specific requirements in this regard which we don't). However I want to think more about it (if it's reasonable).

Please feel free to mention this issue in the bug. However I suspect that S-TRUST is constrained in its practices by the relevant German laws and/or EU directives. Unfortunately I couldn't find any references that address this particular issue.

(Incidentally, when I was trying to find out more information about this issue, one of my Google searches returned this as one of the top results:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/b586573164k873p4/

I'm sure many of you will find the title of this book quite apropos.)

Why sorry? I speak fluently German....going to have a look at it if the above isn't an issue.

Excellent. I'm glad that after a diet of Hungarian and Japanese we have something more to your taste :-)

Frank

--
Frank Hecker
hec...@mozillafoundation.org