On Dec 24, 12:58 am, patri...@certstar.com wrote:

> I just wanted to give you all an update from Certstar. As you all know
> we failed to validate a certificate due to a flaw in our system which
> is clearly unacceptable.

IIIRC you failed to validate at least two certificates, coincidentally
the ones by the thread starter.

> Having worked intensively with this case I can truly say that Comodo
> is indeed taking their responsibility extremely seriously and taking
> huge efforts to ensure that safety of their root. Currently we are
> going through a number certificate to double ensure that no further
> mis-issuances have occurred.

I'm anxious for the results, and i would be suprised if this was an
exception.

>Comodo will also review our implementation
> to ensure that it comply with all standards and cannot be abused.

You call it abuse to check whether someone hands out trusted
unvalidated certificates?
Do you realise that half of your text tries to blame other people.
Go ahead, shoot the messenger.
*shaking his head in disbelief*