Hi.
I'm from Korea which is one of the countries widely using plugin based
crypto technologies.
also I'm the member of W3C WebCrypto WG.

I feel with current draft WebCrypto spec, it can not be the replacement of
plugins (java applet, activex, npapi...)

the signature can be generated SILENTLY without notice to user.
it depends on server implementation.

I feel similar difficulties of helpcrypto's comment.

regards
mountie.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM, <florian.ben...@quantumedia.de> wrote:

> On Monday, October 28, 2013 1:50:42 PM UTC+1, helpcrypto helpcrypto wrote:
> > Something similar to Webcrypto should work, but having user keys in mind.
>
> AFAIK, WebCrypto[1] is the replacement for the current window.crypto (and
> the reason why the latter one should be dropped).
>
> If there's anything WebCrypto does not cover, please contact and ask the
> WebCrypto folks[2] to consider your use case.
>
> There are (outdated) shims[3] available for WebCrypto (or realted
> APIs[4]). Do they, or the WebCrypto specification[1], cover your use case?
>

> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WebCryptoAPI/
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/
> [3] http://polycrypt.net/
> [4] http://crypto.stanford.edu/sjcl/