On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 2:03 PM, <florian.ben...@quantumedia.de> wrote:

> On Monday, October 28, 2013 1:50:42 PM UTC+1, helpcrypto helpcrypto wrote:
> > Something similar to Webcrypto should work, but having user keys in mind.
>
> AFAIK, WebCrypto[1] is the replacement for the current window.crypto (and
> the reason why the latter one should be dropped).
>
> If there's anything WebCrypto does not cover, please contact and ask the
> WebCrypto folks[2] to consider your use case.
>
> There are (outdated) shims[3] available for WebCrypto (or realted
> APIs[4]). Do they, or the WebCrypto specification[1], cover your use case?
>

> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WebCryptoAPI/
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/
> [3] http://polycrypt.net/
> [4] http://crypto.stanford.edu/sjcl/

Already done that. WG people said user keys are out of scope. See [1]
Maybe im lost on the translation, but seems they dont consider *key *can be
retrieved from keystores when doing *sign(key, data)*

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Mountie Lee <moun...@paygate.net> wrote:

> Hi.
> I'm from Korea which is one of the countries widely using plugin based
> crypto technologies.
> also I'm the member of W3C WebCrypto WG.
>
> I feel with current draft WebCrypto spec, it can not be the replacement of
> plugins (java applet, activex, npapi...)
>
> the signature can be generated SILENTLY without notice to user.
> it depends on server implementation.
>
> I feel similar difficulties of helpcrypto's comment.
>
> regards
> mountie.

IMHO it's as simple as adding a *getKey(keystore, filter)* function.
I understand there are several concerns regarding "user knowing what's
signning", but that another story we could discuss if -at least- we could
do sign with user keys on keystore.