Hi,

I have openldap client(on RHEL 6.4) built with latest Mozilla NSS 3.15.3 and
have parameter

   tls_ciphers TLSv1.2+HIGH

set in /etc/pam_ldap.conf configuration file. My application fails to connect
to openldap server with above configuration and errors out with following
message:

"SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no shared cipher."

And if I set the cipher as

       tls_ciphers TLSv1.2

Then it gives me weird error:

    TLS: can't accept: (unknown).
    5296d12b conn=1007 fd=15 closed (TLS negotiation failure)

Few more additional information:
a) Project requirement is to use only TLS 1.2 ciphers between server and client.
b) Openldap server is running with "TLSCipherSuite TLSv1.2+HIGH" configuration
in slapd.conf and built with openssl libraries.
c)I checked the server/client configuration with older protocols like

     tls_ciphers SSLv3+HIGH
     tls_ciphers TLSv1+HIGH

and it works fine. So it seems that problem is with TLS 1.2 protocol/Ciphers.
e) NSS 3.15.3 supports TLS 1.2
d) I checked the TLS 1.2 ciphers supported by server and client and they do
have common ciphers. One I can identify is AES256-SHA.

Question is what could be reason for failure. Is cipher string "tls_ciphers
TLSv1.2" (openssl format) correct for NSS mozilla or did I miss something.

Thanks,
Vincent