On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM, falcon <fal...@iridiumlinux.org> wrote:

> I believe startssl (even) will sign ecdsa certs if you send a csr for one,
> but this is of little utility without an ecdsa trust anchor.

Several CAs in Mozilla's CA program are now offering ECDSA certificates.

Some older versions of TLS had a requirement that all certificates in the
cert chain must be signed using the same type of key. However, NSS has
never enforced that and AFAICT most other implementations haven't either.
However, some CAs won't sign ECDSA certificates with their RSA certificates
for reasons that are better described by them than me.

Cheers,
Brian
--
Mozilla Networking/Crypto/Security (Necko/NSS/PSM)