On 2013-12-14 19:47, Kosuke Kaizuka wrote:
Camellia is widely reviewed and chosen as a recommended cipher by
several independent committees.
If CAMELLIA_CBC is dropped by security reason, AES_CBC should be also
dropped.

There is another reason to drop CAMELLIA: AES with AES-NI is 8 times
faster. AES-NI is supported by the majority of server CPUs right now.

Camellia is still fast in software, my laptop computes between 90 and
160 MB/s with openssl and an intel cpu. But if we want to provide the
fastest response time to users, it's important to consider the server
cost on the client side.

- Julien