On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 4:09 PM, David Woodhouse <dw...@infradead.org> wrote:
> I'm perfectly happy to entertain the notion of adding new functions for
> PK11_FindCertsFromURI() (et al.), but I was looking for *real*
> information about whether it was actually necessary. Which you don't
> seem to be able to provide without disappearing into handwaving and
> hyperbole. So I'll take that as a 'no'. Thanks anyway.

David, are such remarks necessary? Do you believe they help creative a
positive community around NSS development? If you disagree, you can
disagree and say so. There are plenty of positive ways to do so, and
so such remarks are entirely unnecessary and contribute to a toxic
environment. There are plenty of perfectly professional ways to
disagree, but you don't seem interested in them.

I understand and appreciate that you want the standard to be "Show me
the code." But that's not the standard we set. If it was, there are
plenty of changes that NSS could have done that would have broken Red
Hat's customers - but we intentionally chose to take the path of least
breakage and risk, because that's what having a public, stable API is
about.

It's one thing to disagree, it's another to be unnecessarily rude and
dismissive. I do hope you can see the difference, and might think more
carefully about the type of behaviour you're encouraging by
practicing.