That's very likely not ever going to happen.

Ranges are used for identifying portions of a table to scan. These ranges are identified by start and end keys. Thus, the granularity of Key itself defines what is valid in a Range (e.g. you can start at a row+cf and end at a row+cf+cq).

A second way to limit the data you receive is by requesting a limited collection of columns via the fetchColumns API methods. These methods are agnostic of the range of data being consumed, only concerned with the columns being fetched.

I don't think it makes any sense to try to mash them together :)

z11373 wrote:
Thanks Josh! I wish future version of Accumulo API would allow us to specify
only column family in the Range, so that AccumuloInputFormat.setRanges will
work for my case. This is low pri though, as it has fetchColumns as
alternative :-)

Thanks,