Welp: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4095?focusedCommentId=15088814&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15088814

Josh Elser wrote:
That's a good question (about a point which I haven't outlined as a
possibility).

I had been poking around some of the PreCommit jobs on ASF Jenkins which
were Yetus-ified and noticed that some of them already had some
parameterization to support 1) using a custom Yetus install or 2) using
some different personality not in Yetus.

Obviously, I would like to make sure that we keep Yetus up to date with
any changes/improvements we make for our own purposes here in Accumulo,
but don't see it as a requirement that we have to stall ourselves waiting.

Although, I have mostly been talking to myself in this thread, so
perhaps the iteration speed is my nights+weekends availability :)

Sean Busbey wrote:
Excellent, thanks for working on this Josh!

Is it worth us running our personality out of our code base rather than
Yetus'? I'm not sure if we need the faster iteration speed or not.

-Sean