The other option is that if people really want to subscribe to
notifications, I can just add their email to the post-build notification
email list directly. Since I'm willing to grant access to Accumulo
developers already, they can also just add themselves by editing the
existing jobs.

RIght now, I'm thinking: add yourself (or I can add you) to the post-build
notification, or use the RSS, is the best option. No dev@ list, no
notifications@ list. It's just too much trouble.