+1 from me, too, but I'd like to review what actually changes in master for
the migration to happen. I don't know much about Hadoop 3. I'm curious what
the releases will look like (AFAIK, it's only snapshot builds right now; is
that correct?), how our dependencies will change, and what API stability
guarantees it offers.