Hi Folks!

I think we need to start being more formal in planning for Hadoop 3.
They're up to 3.0.0-alpha4 and are pushing towards API-locking betas[1].

What do folks think about starting to push on an Accumulo 2.0 release that
only supports Hadoop 3? It would let us move faster, which we'll need to do
if we want to get any API changes in to the Hadoop 3 line.

If we get started soon we can probably make it parity on beta/GA status
with the Hadoop 3 line. That would give us a beta for Accumulo Summit and
GA by end of the year.

Going to just Hadoop 3+ would also be a sufficient dependency break that we
could do a pass updating any lagging dependencies to latest major version.

[1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+3.0.0+release
--
busbey