SGTM

On 2/15/18 11:10 PM, Ed Coleman wrote:
I'd like to propose that we start the release process for 1.7.4 and then
1.9.0. I'm willing to be the release manager for both if that would
facilitate things.

As a strawman - I propose:

March 1st - we start the formal release process of 1.7.4, with a goal that
it would be complete and released around March 15th. This would be the last
planned release of the 1.7.x line.

March 19th we start the formal release process of 1.9.0.

My real objective is to get a release of 1.9.0 that would be mostly
equivalent to what would have been an 1.8.2, with the API changes for
configuration to support Hadop-3. There seems to be some fixes in 1.8.1 that
I'd like to see released and Keith Turner seems to be making some
substantial fixes to performance issues that I'd hope to be able to take
advantage of - however, I would like to have a bound to help limit upgrade
risks.

The dates are just a starting point for discussion - if Keith has additional
fixes that we'd like to get in, but needs additional time that's fine with
me, I'm really just pushing for sooner rather than later.

Ed Coleman