I put together a test vote (see [TEST][VOTE] thread) for rc0 for 1.7.4, if
people want a semi-frozen version to test with. I tried to clean up some of
the remaining outstanding issues in JIRA for 1.7.4, but only got so far.

Please take a look and identify blockers. If anything is not marked blocker
by Monday, I will assume we're good to bump all the remaining issues and
proceed with a 1.7.4 rc1 to vote on. A lot of issued were marked
"critical", but never worked on. In some cases, questions were left
unresponded to. If any of these issues are important to you, it would be
best to mark it blocker now, and prioritize work on it, if you want your
patches in a 1.7 version (since it seems there's waning interest in
maintaining a 1.7 branch and 1.7.4 is likely the last 1.7 release). Please
do not mark items blocker if you have no intention of contributing further
to a fix in any way (I just don't think that would be helpful); instead, if
you think it should block a release but can't work on it, please try to
coordinate/discuss on list.

I can also put together an rc0 test vote for 1.9.0, but triaging issues is
going to take longer.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ACCUMULO%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.4%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC