The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due
Wednesday, Oct 14, 1 week before the board meeting on
Wednesday, Oct 21. Please let me know if you have any feedback.

Some more detailed metrics are at
https://reporter.apache.org/wizard/statistics?accumulo,
which appears to require a committer login.

Mike

----
[REPORT] Accumulo - Oct 2020

The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value store is a robust, scalable,
high performance data storage system that features cell-based access control
and customizable server-side processing. It is based on Google's BigTable
design and is built on top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.

## Issues:

Still waiting for the owner of http://www.accumulodata.com to work with Amazon
to reactive the account used for hosting so it can be pointed to
https://accumulo.apache.org or shutdown.  Initial emails are at [1].

## Membership Data:

Apache Accumulo was founded 2012-03-20 (9 years ago)
There are currently 37 committers and 37 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 1:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Arvind Shyamsundar on 2020-04-15.
- No new committers. Last addition was Arvind Shyamsundar on 2020-04-16.

## Project Activity:

- We completed our rename of our git branch to 'main' [2]
- Apache Accumulo 1.10 was completed, our first LTM release [3].

## Community Health:

- Christopher Tubbs updated all our projects [4] with tag #hacktober to increase
community participation as part of Digital Ocean's Hacktoberfest [5].
- Mailing list particpation and github issues are consistent.

[1]:https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/514d3cf9162e72f4aa13be1db5d6685999fc83755695308a529de4d6@%3Cprivate.accumulo.apache.org%3E
[2]:https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ra4b972e27eef1d21a33b9e64a8be5ffd7bbef30b8cd965465e32bdc8%40%3Cdev.accumulo.apache.org%3E
[3]:https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ra5aed36cf93e62f3110ce94193a098c3710f26e64584f6e1d1f9bca3%40%3Cuser.accumulo.apache.org%3E
[4]:https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ra5aed36cf93e62f3110ce94193a098c3710f26e64584f6e1d1f9bca3%40%3Cuser.accumulo.apache.org%3E