The current format of the Artemis version on master (1.2.1-SNAPSHOT)
is fine. The only issue with it as a version would be if you dont
actually release 1.2.1, as then the snapshots wont get cleaned up
automatically. Given that the point releases didnt occur for 1.0.1 or
1.1.1 the obvious change would be to make master 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT now,
then 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT, etc etc. You can always still release a 1.X.1
straight from master regardless if desired (or make a branch).

The problem with the other old artifacts was that the modules were
renamed, from activemq-foo to artemis-foo, and reversioned from 6.0.0
to 1.0.0, so those old snapshots never got cleaned up as nothing
matching them ever appeared to be released.

Robbie