As a quick check can you tell me what message-load-policy you have
configured on your cluster connection.  Could you try setting this to
STRICT?

If that doesn't work a reproducer would be the best thing to provide.  I
can manage to get somewhere with the modified cluster test, send a PR and
I'll take a look.  If not let me know and I'll see if I can reproduce this
myself (it would help if you could send your broker config).

Thanks