Github user clebertsuconic commented on the issue:

    I see two problems here..

    i - There's a buffer sitting on the ProtonSenderContext now that may be
unused for a while. What if you had 1000 connections at one time.. and then all
of them go inactive?  I don't understand how this will be Reducing footprint. I
see quite the contrary here.

    ii - It is not clear to me when the buffer would be busy, since the
ProtonSenderContext represents a single consumer. Maybe it would.. but it
shouldn't. if that's happening you will be sending a large heap buffer to GC.

---