+1 to investigate this for sure.

I’ve seen and attended a few of the same Akka presentations.

The main bit is for it to be able to split the work and execute in parallel
when possible (divide and conquer) so if the work/code isn’t splittable into
smaller units of concurrent work then not going to see much benefit, atm I
think our code probably needs a bit of tlc, to make best use of it.

Probably best to think what on our hot path is divide-able to be more parallel
in the way it could run.

I’m thinking deserialisation of buffers to packets, post office delivery to
queues.

The bits I could think of most is the actor model recently.

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone