Hello All,

I would like to post for everybody's awareness about the study that I am
undertaking this fall, i.e. to evaluate various different frameworks that
would facilitate MPI jobs on Mesos based clusters for Apache Airavata.

Some of the options that I am looking at are:-

   1. MPI support framework bundled with Mesos
   2. Apache Aurora
   3. Marathon
   4. Chronos

Some of the evaluation criteria that I am planning to base my investigation
are:-

   - Ease of setup
   - Documentation
   - Reliability features like HA
   - Scaling and Fault recovery
   - Performance
   - Community Support

Gourav and Shameera are working on ansible based automation to spin up a
mesos based cluster and I am planning to use it to setup a cluster for
experimentation.

Any suggestions or information about prior work on this would be highly
appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Mangirish Wagle