Hi Zhong,

Please check my answers in line.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Zhong Wang <zw...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> After I use the Airavata platform, I do have 4 questions.
>

> 1)      Can I lock the setting values for some properties after we
> customize these values for a specified computer source, e.g.    Queue*,
> Node Count, Total Core and Wall Time limit. We don’t want the users to
> change these setting for specified computer resource.

​You can set these values globally (meanning acroos all compute resources
in pga_config.php file) but users can change them at the time they create
their experiments. ​

​For your requirement could you please create  JIRA in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/login.jsp?os_destination=
%2Fbrowse%2FAIRAVATA-2158%3Fjql%3Dproject%2520%253D%2520AIRAVATA
​ you might need to create a username if you already don't have one.​

> 2)      Does the Airavata have a function to delete the experiments? I
> made many test cases, but I don’t want to see them anymore.

​In our web based gateway portal we don't have delete experiment feature.
Requirement we initially worked on was that researches don't want to loose
their work/experiments. ​

> 3)      Can the Airavata  show output log from the SLURM or PBS jobs on
> the web page directly?
> ​ No. Since the PGA is generic and many applications from different
> streams are run such requirement did not come. ​
>

> 4)      What is the meaning of “Data is Staged” in App Input Fields in
> the UI of Edit Application Interface?

​Its a sort of futeristic feature. At the moemnt irrespective of the
setting in Application interface, data is staged.​

--
Thank You,
Best Regards,