Hi Karan,

In my opinion, the ideal approach to use in this scenario would be OAuth
based authorization. KeyCloak supports OAuth and you can register a service
provider and use that to give a prompt to the user to authorize the desktop
client to communicate with the NextCloud server.
After the user authorizes the client, KeyCloak will issue an access token
which can be used on behalf of the user. NextCloud server will have to use
this token and get it validated from the KeyCloak server to ensure the
token bearer is authorized to access the NextCloud server.

For obtaining this access token there several grant flows in OAuth that you
can use. Based on the type of the client and the level of security you can
decide which grant flow to use.

https://alexbilbie.com/guide-to-oauth-2-grants/ contains a good summary of
OAuth grant flows. I think the implicit grant flow will be most appropriate
in this scenario.

[1] -
https://scholarworks.iu.edu/dspace/bitstream/handle/2022/21092/airavata-security-escience16.pdf?sequence=1