Black, our python formatter, can "normalize" strings to prefer double
quotes, and we disable this feature.

I have always been a single quotes person unless using f-string and
supported disabling normalization when we introduced black.

But lately, black’s string normalization has seemed more appealing to me.
 for two reasons… one is when i’m searching the codebase for something that
i know is a string, i have to search for it two times, once for each flavor
of quote.  the other is simply the noise / friction / decisionmaking about
choosing when to use which, particularly when the area of code uses both in
close proximity.

this isn't gonna win the award for most important discussion of the
year...  but i just wanted to test the waters and see if others have a
similar feeling, or generally people would prefer to leave well-enough
alone.

thanks