Hello everyone,

As discussed earlier at the #release-management channel  in Slack (and
I am bringing it now o devlist) - the Airflow 2.8.3 images released
yesterday had been updated today (following changes to constraints
resulting from some early problem reports we found). In case you used
a 2.8.3 image, you should pull it again to get the latest version.

Those changes do not release a new software, they merely update the
frozen "golden" set of constraints so there was no need to vote or
release anything.

The change affected 2.8.3 image: it contains providers released few
days ago and new/updated dependencies but the most important changes
are:

* pandas in all images for all python versions is now downgraded to <
2.2 (2.2. conflicts with sqlalchemy) - see
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/37748

* smtp provider is now upgraded in constraints to 1.6.1 (1.6.0 is
yanked as it contained a breaking change)
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/37701

Just as a reminder - as of Airflow 2.8.3 image also does not have
`gosu` binary. installed by default. This binary was used in the past
by some of the scripts but it's not used any more by us, and it added
some security vulnerabilities - when the image was scanned, that's why
we removed it.

If you need it you will need to install it on your own.

Details about the constraints changed:
https://github.com/apache/airflow/commit/89b5d00a24e8bea3203ab288bf03834564e5c51b

I've updated the documentation of the image (I cherry-picked and
documentation on our website is being rebuilt):
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/38085 - they should be live
soon.