> Regarding Airflow 2.7 and Airflow 2.8 in the time we are ready to move
forward to the initial version of Airflow 3 providers might already drop
support of these versions in providers.
Airflow 2.7 in the mid of August 2024
Airflow 2.8 in the mid of December 2024

Yep. But also "here and now" those compatibility tests might help us to
find some hidden incompatibilities (and prevent adding future ones). We can
see how much complexity we are dealing with when we attempt to enable the
tests for 2.8 and then 2.7 and decide if it's worth it. The change I added
makes it easy to just "enable" tests for 2.8 and 2.7 separately.