These are all good ideas and any would work. Our committer list is small
enough that no committer would merge without either +1'ing it
himself/herself or checking that another did.

Sure, there could be a corner cases where a contributor +1'd a PR before
being promoted to a committer and then another committer might confuse that
+1 for a "committer +1" and accidentally merge it, but I don't think we
need to worry about those special cases.

If you like a PR/JIRA, then don't worry. Make your voice heard and we
(committers) will do the right thing.

-s