thanks Ben for the explanation. Is there a Jira for this or do you want to
me open one? I think it is pretty important thing as all public talks
mentioned tasks generation programmatically (and dynamically) as a one of
the main features of Airflow. If we cannot see what was really generated in
the past and get to every task even if it does not exist anymore, it does
not complete this feature.

Also I am concerned at this point (very) that a lot of things require
restart of airflow scheduler and webserver - it does not look like a good
strategy to me. I realize most of this happening because of python caching
but as an end user, I do not really care :)

I will be also looking at Luigi and Oozie (leaving letter for last because
I get dizzy by looking at its xml). My use case is to generate tasks every
day for hundreds of tables and some table will come and go.