Hi Ash,
Welcome aboard.

Firstly, I'm moving this conversation over to the dev list -- the first
lesson we all learned at the insistence of the incubator mentors was to use
the private list for voting and discussion on PMC matters. They require
that all information-oriented discussions be routed to the dev-list.

*Merging PRs:*
To merge a PR, you can use a very handy tool written by @jlowin
<https://github.com/jlowin> : https://github.com/apache/
incubator-airflow/blob/master/dev/airflow-pr

It's pretty self-explanatory. Essentially, you follow the instructions in
the tool -- the result is that the PR will be merged to Apache
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-airflow.git> and then
synced (mirrored) to https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow. The
Apache mirror runs on apache infrastructure and is the source of truth
(rules of apache). The mirror <https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow>
is what we all see.. there can sometimes be a delay of a minute before the
PR you merged shows up in the commit history on git hub, but it's usually
under 10 seconds.

We document the tool on the Committer Guide
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Committers%27+Guide>.

*Releases:*
As I haven't done a release yet, I'll defer to Bolke and Chris who most
recently did releases to point you to documentation.

*Jira Role:*
I've added you to the Admin, PMC, Committers, and ASF Members roles. I
believe you don't need them to edit or close and JIRAs. I had requested
anyone be able to open, edit, or close JIRAs, so if that's not the case, it
would be good to know.

*GitHub:*
Can you try merging a PR? That would be an indication that you have the
necc perms.

*Other Questions*:
Q1:"I understand that the process for making changes now I'm a committer is
the same as before: I should open a PR+Jira and get it approved by another
committer. Is this correct?"
A1: You are correct!

Hope this helps!
-s

P.S.
BTW, I'll be in London from tomorrow (landing at noon) till the following
Friday -- I co-chair QCon London and usually find myself there around this
time every year. Feel free to drop me a line if you happen to be in the
area.