I use the CeleryExecutor and have used a mix of `celery control` and
messaging queue purges to kill the running tasks and prevent them from
being picked up by workers again (respectively), and doctor the DagRun to
failed to stop the scheduler from repopulating the message. I think if you
are using the Local or Sequential Executor you'd have to kill the scheduler
process.

Laura