What about a clear alert on the UI showing when auth is off? Perhaps a
large red triangle-exclamation icon on the navbar with a tooltip
"Authentication is off, this Airflow instance in not secure." and clicking
take you to the doc's security page.

Well and then of course people should make sure their infra isn't open to
the Internet. We really shouldn't have to tell people to keep their
infrastructure behind a firewall. In most environments you have to do quite
a bit of work to open any resource up to the Internet (SSL certs, special
security groups for load balancers/proxies, ...). Now I'm curious to
understand how UMG managed to do this by mistake...

Also a quick reminder to use the Connection abstraction to store secrets,
ideally using the environment variable feature.

Max