Your guess is as good as mine on what is involved in graduation. I think that
we sorted the Licensing issues in 1.10.0 (even if the way we sorted it was a
little annoying - having to specify the environment variable at `pip install`
time is a littlle bit un-pythonic, but I wasn't thinking of fixing that in
1.10.1)

Some of the steps and requirements are listed here
graduating_to_a_top_level_project
<https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html>, but in summary from a
quick read of it I think the process is:

- Collect some information, put it on
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/airflow.html
<http://incubator.apache.org/projects/airflow.html> for the IPMC
- We as a community hold a vote on if we think we're ready to graduate
- IPMC vote on it too
- propose motion for (monthly) Apache board meeting

There might be a few more steps involves, such as drafting a Charter (we would
probably start with a "stock" Apache one)

-ash