I can see how my first email was confusing, where I said:

"Our first attempt at productionizing Airflow used the vanilla DAGs folder,
including all the deps of all the DAGs with the airflow binary itself"

What I meant is that we have separate DAGs deployment, but we are being
forced to package the *dependencies of the DAGs* with the Airflow binary,
because that's the only way to make the DAG definitions work.