- **status**: code-review --> closed
- **Milestone**: limbo --> forge-jun-13

---

** [tickets:#7436] /auth/preferences cleanup**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** forge-jun-13
**Labels:** 42cc
**Created:** Tue Jun 03, 2014 07:44 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:33 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

* Add a section at the top of readonly information, show:
    * Username: {{username}}
    * `<a href="{{user.private_project().url()}}">My profile and my
projects</a>`
    * `<a href="{{user.private_project().url()}}admin/overview">Set avatar
icon</a>`
* `password_change_form` and `upload_key_form` shouldn't be tied to the theme.
Move the forms to a better place (auth something..)
* Make every part of the page (`password_change_form` and `upload_key_form`,
Display Name, Page Size, Email, User Messages, etc in a unique jinja block.
Instead of "if" statements that check `auth.method` or the theme, every section
on the page should be contained in a block so that a simple [template
override](https://forge-allura.apache.org/docs/api/lib/package_path_loader.html)
 can be set up for `user_prefs.html` and any individual block can be made to be
empty (or something else)
* Improve the layout between each section as best you can.  And within the
email block especially.  It seems like everything is just run together.  It is
extra confusing that there a multiple separate forms with their own save
buttons.  I think dedicated forms for pwd change and ssh keys makes sense, but
it is confusing to have so many forms on the page.  I am open to suggestions
for the multiple forms issue.  Best idea I have so far is to have a `<hr>`
between each form, to visually show the separations.  (Ideally would have it
all auto-save ajax or all one single form, but those would be big projects).

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to
https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/admin/tickets/options.  Or, if this is a
mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.