On 3/4/19 12:00 AM, Paul Bustios Belizario wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hi :)

> My name is Paul Bustios, I'm a student at University of Sao Paulo and I'm
> interested in participating in GSoC 2019 with you. I've already installed
> Allura, but I had some problems:
>
> I use Mac OS X, so first I tried to install Allura using Docker (I'm using
> Docker CE v18.09.2 and Docker Compose v1.23.2), but after executing the
> command:
>
> $ docker-compose run web scripts/init-docker-dev.sh
>

> I got the following error:
>
> Creating allura_mongo_1 ... error
>
> Creating allura_solr_1  ... error
> onfigure shared paths from Docker -> Preferences... -> File Sharing.\r\nSee
> https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-mac/osxfs/#namespaces for more
> info.\r\n.'
>
> ERROR: for allura_solr_1  Cannot start service solr: b'Mounts denied:
> \r\nThe path /allura-data/solr\r\nis not shared from OS X and is not known
> to Docker.\r\nYou can configure shared paths from Docker -> Preferences...
> -> File Sharing.\r\nSee
> https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-mac/osxfs/#namespaces for more
> info.\r\n.'
>
> ERROR: for mongo  Cannot start service mongo: b'Mounts denied: \r\nThe path
> /allura-data/mongo\r\nis not shared from OS X and is not known to
> Docker.\r\nYou can configure shared paths from Docker -> Preferences... ->
> File Sharing.\r\nSee
> https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-mac/osxfs/#namespaces for more
> info.\r\n.'
>
> ERROR: for solr  Cannot start service solr: b'Mounts denied: \r\nThe path
> /allura-data/solr\r\nis not shared from OS X and is not known to
> Docker.\r\nYou can configure shared paths from Docker -> Preferences... ->
> File Sharing.\r\nSee
> https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-mac/osxfs/#namespaces for more
> info.\r\n.'
> ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
>

> I saw init-docker-dev.sh contains the commands to create
> '/allura-data/solr', but these directories are supposed to be created in
> the container, right? And the directives 'volumes' in the
> docker-compose.yml file are trying to mount the host paths
> '/allura-data/...', which do not exist. Is that why I'm getting those
> errors? or am I doing something wrong?

I haven't tried using Docker natively on a Mac, but I do use it via
"docker-machine" which basically runs a barebones linux vm on VirtualBox.  The
Allura docker setup does expect it to be a linux host.  You might be able to
modify the /allura-data paths to be something different that works with docker
directly on a Mac, but I'm not sure.

> Then, I tried to install Ubuntu 16.04 in VirtualBox. I downloaded the
> mini.iso, but the installation failed due to this recent bug
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/1817358.
>
> So, I decided to install Ubuntu 18.04 using its mini.iso. After that, I
> installed Allura following the instructions in
> https://forge-allura.apache.org/docs/getting_started/install_each_step.html.
> I had to modify some steps.

A newer version of Ubuntu should work, but as you've seen little details may be
different.  I would recommend going with 18.04 and in fact if you want to update
our setup commands and Cryptography version in requirements.txt so it all works
that would make a nice merge request!  We have a ticket for it
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/8259/ but just haven't gotten
around to it.

--
Dave Brondsema : d...@brondsema.net