With the latest package upgrades from Guillermo today, we actually have run into a problem. Our latest Jenkins using on 3.7 https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Allura/job/Allura-py3.7/254/console errored out on Pillow:

"""
ERROR: Ignored the following versions that require a different python version: 10.0.0 Requires-Python >=3.8; 6.8.0 Requires-Python >=3.8
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pillow==10.0.0
"""

So I think we should drop Python 3.7 support, since it is end-of-life and keeping it would prevent us from using the latest versions of packages like Pillow.

However! Our last release 1.14 was last fall and supported *only* Python 3.7 https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/git/ci/master/tree/CHANGES I don't think we want that Allura release to support only 3.7 and then our next Allura release to support only 3.8-3.11 Better to have a release that supports 3.7-3.11 before we drop 3.7 so its an easier upgrade path

So I propose:
1) downgrade Pillow temporarily so that it works on 3.7 again
2) make an Allura release which supports 3.7-3.11. Its been a long time since a release anyway
3) drop python 3.7 support and upgrade Pillow back up
4) the subsequent release (later) will then be 3.8+ only

Thoughts?

--
Dave Brondsema : d...@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal