Hi Anders,

Have you tried groovy script? I think groovy is completely compatible with
java. That is any valid java code is valid groovy code too.

________________________________
 From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundg...@telia.com>
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:11 AM
Subject: Request - Native Java "Script" Support

Dear Ant-Team,
I am an avid Ant user since more than 10 years back and I'm happy to see how it
has progressed!

Recently I have begun writing very complex build scripts and found myself
craving for a more programmatic solution which using Ant in standard
configurations means using JavaScript or writing extensions.

In addition, I have also been using .NET tools like NAnt.

In NAnt there is no JavaScript support but there is support for native C#.

I find C# and Java much better for this purpose than JavaScript so my question
is really:
Would it be completely unthinkable to add Java as a scripting language?
Since Ant already presumes JDK it doesn't sound completely undoable either.

Beanshell isn't an active project and I don't see any advantage with Beanshell
compared to native Java.

Sincerely,
Anders Rundgren