Github user twogee commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/ant-ivy/pull/53

    I'm sorry for not explaining the point with all the changes around foreach
loops: they take anything that is iterable rather than an array (which Ivy is
very fond of API-wise) and by doing so allow for API changes where a collection
is a more natural choice (vis-à-vis streams in Java 8+). I was first afraid
that a change of API might be necessary sooner rather than later (because of
inconsistencies in generics). That is avoided for now, but should the question
be raised again, this PR tries to lay a groundwork indicating a direction of a
preferred change.

---
with INFRA.
---