Github user twogee commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/ant/pull/54

    I am very well aware of your role. I hope we agree about KISS or continuous
improvement, though.

    In particular, regarding the second point, please compare `release/ivy.xml`
with `ivy.xml` (too bad the diff is so huge that Git thinks they're two
different files). The price of simplification to pay, so to speak, is signing
while uploading. If you're not willing to discuss that, we can leave the whole
upload discussion out and only focus on fetch. However, there is one more point
with distributions (zip and tar), if you bear with me.

    It is my understanding of the release process that distributions are
manually copied and checked into Subversion. My point was that the process
could be better documented by creating an extra ivy.xml which would be used by
upload (or upload-like) process and thus be semi-automated.

---